1.3.11

A VISUAL JOURNAL .. found during a mini spring clean session

Can you believe it's already March? Spring is indeed approaching fast! 

I was on Twitter this morning and 'Country Living' magazine tweeted ...


It got me thinking ... and I ended up being horrified at the thought of the first thing that came to my mind - "Spring cleaning"! Surely that can't be the first thing that enters people's mind? (Are there anyone out there as insane as I am?)

The ugly truth is ... I actually enjoy uncluttering, tidying, hovering and 'Spring' is just a mere excuse! I always feel overwhelmed with a sense of control when I clean!

I have always been a bit anal (pardon the choice of word) when it comes to my living space; books has to be stacked neatly and towel hanged with military-tidy precision. However, most recently at the request of my little sister (who I live with), gave my alter-ego a little vacation. It feels good to be 'out of control' once in a long while and now, living with the consequences, I find myself rummaging through piles of laundry that I have not put away, magazine cuttings, and a bag that is 20% unpacked since my last trip to Turkey a month ago! 

Before I digress from the topic of spring cleaning, which, by the way, I started today by clearing and organising files and folder on my laptop and in doing so, I came across my pride and joy which I have forgotten to mention in my previous posts.  

"Visual Journal" ... is what I called it - fragments of memories, space and time during my adventures last year - all photographed, designed and arranged by me into a funky little calendar for family and friends as a New Year gift for 2011 (yes, New Year gift, a tradition in Thailand as we Buddhist don't celebrate Christmas quite like any other nations!)

These are photos from my trips to Turkey, Laos, Hong Kong, Thailand and a bit of London in 2010.


No comments: