27.4.11

ADANA

If you have been following my post since the beginning, you would have known that my man resides in a town he claims is in the 'middle of nowhere' in 'rural Turkey' ... known as Adana


This is my 3rd visit now and I'm ashamed to say that, today was the first day I dared to venture out to explore Turkey's 4th largest city. This sudden urge to leave his apartment while he was out working, was because it has been a few days without any exercise and I'm beginning to feel a bit frustrated with how lazy I have become (just cos it's holiday mode) ...


So I decided to combine my sight-seeing, jogging and finding my way around this city into one activity. (Just to digress a little .. the weather in London, where I live, was perfect. I left the English sun for this Turkish rain! ... so was feeling a bit annoyed as I thought I could do with returning with a tan! So when the rain clouds finally lifted, I thought .. perfect time to go for a run!)


Off I went ...


gosh it took my breath away .. the jogging (mostly - I think I caught up with the tan in the end. It was so hot!) and of course the sight:





No comments: