28.10.10

To have a "pulsating feet" ...


There’s a saying in my mother’s tongue (theep-pha-john-lhong-taow) which literally translates as “to have pulsating feet”. If a Thai person labels you as this, don’t smile. It’s not meant to be a compliment!

This so called effect of "blood rushing to the feet" is a reference to a person with an inability to stay in one place for a long time. If you were to have such 'condition', like me then, you are likely to have this constant urge to travel or move about in different places, looking for an adventure. How I’ve caught this Travel Bug is another anecdote in itself, but there’ll be another time for that … but for now;

I have been meaning to share some of my adventures, thoughts and random drawings with you but never set my foot down in doing it. And what a perfect time to start writing for my first posting other than now at the altitude of 37,139 feet above the Croatian mountain range.

This time, the destination is Adana, Turkey’s 5th largest city and… probably not on a lot of people’s list of must visit, but if it is going to be 10C warmer than London, I can’t complain.

According to Jan, there’s not much to do but I’m going to prove him wrong. There is ALWAYS something to do. Failing that, there’s always … Cappadocia tomorrow!

No comments: